We exist to connect people to Jesus. We want to share the hope we have in Him with the world! How? Serving people and sharing Jesus in our church, our community and around the world.
An annual event in December on our front lawn (weather permitting) in which our youth act out the Christmas Story as it is read from the bible. There are Christmas Carols, live animals, and cute preschoolers as our Angel Choir. Afterward, everyone comes in for a warm drink and some cookies. Photos of Live Nativity 2019
An annual event the day before Easter. We gather to hear the Easter story, then we scatter for a non-competitive egg hunt, crafts, and snacks. Sometimes there are even some live spring animals to pet, hold and enjoy.
OSL On the Move
A few times a year we organize local servant events. We have gone out into our local community to serve in a varitey of ways, including:
- Minor home repair and landscaping on local homes (worked with HomeFront and through Town of SW.)
- Care packages and cards for deployed military
- Visits with Veterans
- Free Car Wash
- Clean our adopted Road
- Nursing home visits and sing-alongs
- Hosted breakfast and bingo for neighbors from a group home.
- Worked with and completed projects under the direction and for the benefit of Hartford City Mission.
- Created and delivered Nursing Home care packages and potted plants.
- Worked on a South Windsor Town trail (spread mulch, trail maintenance)
- Packed over 250,000 meals with Feeding Children Everywhere
- Alzheimer’s Benefit/Walk
- Facility improvement project for Enfield Loaves and Fishes
- Worked with Sister-congregation to launch a neighborhood ministry (Zion, Manchester)
- Prayer walking for neighborhood homes and schools
As well as ...
Blood Drives: We host Red Cross Blood drives on a quarterly basis.
Prayer Tent and Prayer Walks: We make ourselves availble to our community praying for anyone who might stop by.
Collections of School Supplies, Clothing and Food: Partnering with local DCF and town agencies, we periodically serve those in need.
Thanksgiving Baskets: Food shared with our members and local food banks to help those who may have food insecurity.
Local Partnerships: Urban Alliance
For more more information about any of our Community Events, please contact the Church Office.